8. Watch The Story of Stuff and clean out your junk and look for treasures.
9. Measure your weekly trash output. Make a plan to reduce your family’s waste by 25% by the time school starts.
10. Make a pledge to reduce your plastic use and create an online challenge with your friends.
11. Reduce food waste by reorganizing your fridge.
12. Make a compost bin for your kitchen.
13. Make your own reusable bag from old t-shirts.
14. Make your own produce bag for fruits and vegetables.
15. Make reusable food wraps from beeswax.
16. Try to repair something — whether a toy, gadget or a picture frame, there are instructions to fix anything on YouTube. Discuss how repair cuts waste while you fix your item.
17. Make art out of your trash and then have an art show at home.
18. Make crafts out of plastic bottles.
19. Upcycle styrofoam with these craft ideas.
20. Write a letter to your member of Congress to support the Break Free from Plastic Act of 2020, to reduce single-use plastic and packaging nationally.