Contact: Will Eley, email@example.com, (334) 462-0663
Environment America, a federation of 29 state environmental groups, today announced its endorsement of 56 candidates who are running for the 115th United States Congress. These 45 House candidates and 11 Senate candidates hail from a total of 19 states. These endorsements are in addition to Environment America’s 2015 endorsement of Hillary Clinton for President.
Through their voting records and expressed advocacy in support of Environment America’s key issues — including global warming, open space, clean air, clean water and clean energy — these candidates have earned both our trust and endorsement.
Environment America Legislative Director, Anna Aurilio, released the following statement:
“This coming election is a critical one for the air we breathe, the water we drink and the places we love. We have made real progress since the first Earth Day nearly 50 years ago, but many significant and urgent problems remain, especially climate change.
We need real leaders and true environmental champions in Washington, D.C. We need elected officials who will stand up to the polluter lobby and publicly champion a clean and healthy environment. We need leaders bold enough to stand with the science and with the public to tackle the pollution that's fueling the most pressing challenge of our time.
We believe — now more than ever — that we must refocus the nation’s attention and commitment to protecting our most special places and improving the quality of our air and our water, for our families today and for future generations. We must dramatically reduce global warming pollution in order to protect our children and theirs from the worst impacts of climate change — by shifting away from dependence on fossil fuels and other dirty, dangerous energy sources toward 100% clean and renewable energy.
The nation has made some real and meaningful progress reducing pollution and improving the quality of our environment. We have no choice but to maintain and accelerate this progress. That is why we are encouraging all Americans to vote and support these and other pro-environment candidates on or before Election Day — Tuesday, November 8, 2016.”
Environment America is a federation of 29 state-based environmental advocacy organizations working for a cleaner, greener, healthier future.
Environment America Endorses:
Kamala Harris (CA)
Michael Bennet (CO)
Patrick Murphy (FL)
Tammy Duckworth (IL)
Chris Van Hollen (MD)
Jason Kander (MO)
Deborah Ross (NC)
Catherine Cortez Masto (NV)
Katie McGinty (PA)
Patty Murray (WA)
Russ Feingold (WI)
U.S. House of Representatives:
- Arizona: AZ-01 Tom O’Halleran, AZ-02 Matt Heinz
- California: CA-02 Jared Huffman, CA-10 Michael Eggman, CA-21 Emilio Huerta, CA-25 Bryan Caforio, CA-26 Julia Brownley, CA-27 Judy Chu, CA-33 Ted Lieu, CA-47 Alan Lowenthal, CA-49 Doug Applegate
- Colorado: CO-01 Diana DeGette, CO-02 Jared Polis, CO-06 Morgan Carroll, CO-07 Ed Perlmutter
- Florida: FL-10 Val Demings, FL-13 Charlie Crist, FL-14 Kathy Castor, FL-22 Lois Frankel
- Illinois: IL-08 Raja Krishnamoorthi, IL-09 Jan Schakowsky
- Massachusetts: MA-05 Katherine Clark, MA-06 Seth Moulton
- Maryland: MD-04 Anthony Brown, MD-06 John Delaney, MD-08 Jamie Raskin
- Maine: ME-02 Emily Cain
- Minnesota: MN-02 Angie Craig
- New Jersey: NJ-02 Frank LoBiondo, NJ-04 Chris Smith, NJ-05 Josh Gottheimer, NJ-06 Frank Pallone, NJ-12 Bonnie Watson Coleman
- New Mexico: NM-01 Michelle Lujan Grisham, NM-03 Ben Ray Luján
- Pennsylvania: PA-07 Patrick Meehan, PA-08 Steve Santarsiero, PA-13 Brendan Boyle, PA-17 Matt Cartwright
- Texas: TX-23 Pete Gallego
- Virginia: VA-03 Bobby Scott, VA-04 Don McEachin
- Washington: WA-01 Suzan DelBene, WA-06 Derek Kilmer, WA-08 Dave Reichert