“The Governor rightly puts clean energy at the heart of the economic stimulus plan. While the automotive and finance industries are failing, the renewable energy sector is booming.
“Colorado has proven that clean energy investments create jobs and jump-start economic development. Renewable energy and energy efficiency have already created over 88,000 jobs in Colorado.
“With our windy plains and sunny valleys, Colorado can repower America with clean, green electrons from coast to coast. A national investment in clean energy solutions will add billions of dollars and tens of thousands of new jobs to Colorado’s economy.
“With the leadership of Governor Ritter and others, President-elect Obama can enact a bold clean energy plan that turns around our nation’s economy.”
– Matt Garrington, field director of Environment Colorado
Environment Colorado’s “Repower America” campaign platform includes:
- Repower America with 100 percent of its electricity from clean sources such as wind and solar power;
- Refuel America by cutting our dependence on oil in half;
- Rebuild America with 5 million new jobs; and
- Reduce heat-trapping global warming pollution 80 percent by 2050.
Click the link below for a copy of Gov. Bill Ritter’s proposals for a national New Energy Economy stimulus package.